This apple crumble pie has the foremost delicious pie filling bursting with flavour topped with a CRISP, flavorful crumble beat an ideal butter crust. The butter and sugar crumb topping take this awesome pie to a different level.
Not only is that this an incredibly delicious apple crumble pie , but it is also super easy to bake. The pie crust are often made together with your favorite homemade pastry or a convenient frozen or refrigerated crust.
What is apple crumble pie?
An apple crumble pie is a pie in which the main ingredient in the filling is an apple. It often serves whipped cream, ice cream, or cheese. It is usually double-crusted, with the pastry filling up and down. The upper crust may be solid or latex.
Apple pie can be made with many different types of apples. The most popular cooking apples are Braeburn, Gala, Cortland, and Bramley.
Origin for apple crumble pie
Crumbles originated in Britain during the 2nd war. As there was strict rationing the ingredients needed to make the bases of a traditional pie weren’t available. Pie’s would require an excessive amount of flour, sugar, and fat to form the pastry. So people within the 2nd war got creative and made an easy mixture of flour, margarine, and sugar and used this to form the highest of the crumble. The dish is additionally popular due to its simplicity.
Apple crumble pie serve with
You can serve deliciously home made ready apple crumble pie with
- whipped cream
- ice cream
Recipe for apple crumble pie
Apple crumble pieCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
An apple crumble pie is a pie in which the main ingredient in the filling is an apple.
- apple pie crust:
300 g all-purpose flour
30 g sugar
1 tsp salt
120 g unsalted butter
8-10 tbsp ice water
- apple pie filling:
7-8 apples, peeled and grated
120 g light brown sugar
26 g all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
155 g all-purpose flour
150 g light brown sugar
100 g butter, melted and cooled
- In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or a knife, cut the butter into the mixture until the mixture is crumbly and fairly even-textured. there’ll be a couple of larger chunks. I prefer to combine it with hand too.
- Add water and form a dough.
- Wrap dough in wrapping, flatten it into a disc and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly grease and flour 10″(25 cm) baking dish.
- Roll out the chilled pie dough. Place the dough into a prepared baking dish and press the sides. Cut the surplus dough.
- Pinch the sides and poke the dough with a fork to make air pockets.
- Peel and grate the apples.
- Add brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice to a bowl with apples. Stir well to mix.
- For the crumble, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Spoon and press the apple filling to the side of a bowl to squeeze out a number of the liquid and place the filling into the crust.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the apples.
- Refrigerate pie for quarter-hour before baking
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Allow the pie to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving.
- Serve deliciously home made apple crumble pie