For us, this Healthier Orange Chicken is beginning to make a daily appearance on the dining table. it’s all the flavour that you’re going to find in takeout, but you do not need to worry about all the calories, fat, and sodium. The chicken is quickly stir-fried instead of battered and fried in many oils. Compared to General Tso’s, orange chicken usually features a lighter-coloured sweet, sour, savoury glaze. it isn’t as spicy-hot because dried red chiles aren’t as common or used as heavily during this dish. All recipes invite orange in some form — juice, zest, dried peel.
What is orange chicken?
Orange chicken is little bite-sized pieces of chicken that are breaded and fried then coated during a tangy, orange sauce. The sauce features a strong orange flavor with sweet and salty and a touch little bit of heat.
You can also try our following chicken recipes:
Origin of orange chicken recipe
The variety of orange chicken most ordinarily found at North American Chinese restaurants consists of chopped, battered, and fried chicken pieces coated during a sweet orange-flavored condiment, which thickens or caramelizes to a glaze. While the dish is extremely popular within us, it’s most frequently found as a variation of General Tao’s chicken in North America instead of the dish found in China. Chef Andy Kao claims to possess developed the first Chinese-American orange chicken recipe at a Panda Express in Hawaii in 1987.
Orange chicken serve with
You can serve deliciously home made ready orange chicken with
Orange chicken Recipe
Orange chicken recipeCourse: chicken recipesCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Medium
Orange chicken is little bite-sized pieces of chicken that are breaded and fried then coated during a tangy, orange sauce.
All-purpose flour sifted 3/4 cup
Cornflour 6 tbs
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
White pepper powder ½ tsp
Water ¾ Cup
Chicken thigh boneless cubes ½ kg
Cooking oil for frying
Orange juice 1 & ½ cup
Soy sauce 4 tbs
Brown sugar powdered ½ tbs
Sugar ½ tbs
Red chilli crushed 1 tsp
Garlic chopped 1 & ½ tbs
Ginger chopped 1 tbs
Vinegar 1 & ½ tsp
Sesame oil ½ tsp
Green onion leaves
Cooking oil 2 tbs
Capsicum julienne ½ Cup
Chilli garlic sauce 1 & ½ tbs
- In a bowl,add all-purpose flour,cornflour,salt,black pepper powder,white pepper powder & mix well.
- Add egg,gradually add water & whisk well.
- Add chicken,mix well and marinate for quarter-hour .
- In a wok,heat vegetable oil & fry marinated chicken on medium flame until light golden & crispy.
- In a wok,add fruit juice ,soy sauce,brown sugar,sugar,red chili crushed,salt,garlic,ginger,vinegar, vegetable oil ,cornflour & whisk well.
- Turn on the flame and cook until sauce is thick and keep mixing.
- Add fried chicken,mix well and cook for a moment .
- In a wok,add vegetable oil ,garlic and blend well.
- Add red chili,capsicum,chili garlic sauce ,soy sauce,salt,red chili powder,black pepper powder,sesame oil & mix well.
- On serving platter,add spicy spaghetti or rice,prepared chicken sauce,green onion leaves & serve!